Friday, May 14, 2010

The National Aquarium 5/13/10

The 2nd graders made a field trip to the National Aquarium yesterday.  Sullivan's summary:  "That was awesome!"  Her favorite thing was the dolphin show, of course.  Usually my favorite thing is the sea horses but this time I really liked the new jellyfish exhibit.  Although the new born sea horses were pretty amazing, too.  Here's a little summary in pictures:








Sullivan and her buddies Dalton and Blake









In the rain forest












Seahorses!










Dolphin show











Sullivan and Blake are checking out an egg that was laid that morning by a zebra shark.  It sure didn't look like an egg.










Crocodile in the Australia exhibit







The new jellyfish exhibit was extremely cool.  They even had a tank of baby jellies that would eventually grow to be 8 ft. across!







These guys were glowing and you could see right through them.












I think these were my favorite.  I'm getting a little reflection off the glass, but I think love this picture.









And, of course, the kids had as much fun on the bus as they did in the aquarium!

No comments:

Post a Comment